Since its founding in 1981, Public Advocate has grown into a dedicated group of young conservatives in Washington, D.C., with a network of volunteers and supporters nationwide. Our continuous growth over the years is due to the fact that we have never wavered from our firm conviction that political decisions should begin and end with the best interests of American families and communities in mind.
In recent years, our efforts have focused on supporting:
- A federal traditional marriage (man-woman) amendment to the Constitution to defend tradional marriage from assaults from those who claim to promote "same sex marriage";
- School prayer and the freedom of religious expression in public places;
- Faith-based and community initiatives;
- Pro-life legislation;
- The promotion and protection of the Boy Scouts, organized sports and other activities that reinforce morality, accountability and leadership in our youth;
- Tax cuts, reduction in spending by the federal government and the exposure of wasteful "pork barrel" spending for the benefit of liberal special interests or for social engineering for worse;
- Equality under the law, without regard to color, race, creed, sex or religious beliefs.
Supporting these important efforts also means opposing those who stand steadfastly against them. Through public demonstrations, news conferences, media campaigns, petition drives and face-to-face confrontations with leading liberal politicians.
Public Advocate offers strong and vocal opposition to:
- Same sex marriage and the furtherance of so-called "Gay Rights";
- The National Endowment of the Arts or taxpayer supported art and the federal funding and endorsement of pornography and obscenity as legitimate forms of art from any agency;
- The mainstream media's promotion and glorification of drug abuse, teenage sex, gangs, atheism, homosexuality and other immoral behavior and beliefs;
- The passage of hate crimes and thought control legislation that creates inequality in our state and federal legal systems and singles out Christians or moral thinking people for persecution, fines, and harrassment by the government at any level;
- "Pro-choice" or abortion strengthening legislation that upholds or expands the Roe vs. Wade Supreme Court decision of 1973;
- The creation of special classes of Americans at the expense of the traditional American family.
Through the years, Public Advocate has become a highly visible political organization and a model for other conservative activist groups in Washington D.C. and across the country.
Our members are often at the forefront of the defining political issues of our time, always defending the rights of fathers, mothers and children to live their lives free from government intrusions and the self-serving motives of liberal special interests and agendas.
Please click on the following link to donate online: https://secure.piryx.com/donate/UF05u0S8/Public-Advocate-of-the-U-S-/
Write Us: Public Advocate of the U.S., P.O. Box 1360, Merrifield, VA 22116